1 Posts
1 Users
1 Reactions
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Oh boy, let me tell you about my crazy adventure as a vegan in New Jersey. I mean, I thought I was prepared for anything, but this place was something else entirely.

First off, let me just say that the smell of greasy burgers & hot dogs on every corner was enough to make my stomach turn. I mean, who needs vegetables when you can have heart disease, right??

Anyway, I was on a mission to find some decent vegan options and boy was it a struggle. I had to scour the entire state to find something that didn’t involve animal products or deep-frying.

But the real scandal came when I stumbled upon a diner that advertised a vegan burger on their menu. I was ecstatic, thinking that my prayers had finally been answered.

Well, imagine my surprise when I bit into the burger and discovered that it was actually a beef patty covered in lettuce and tomato. I mean, come on, New Jersey, are you even trying?

I confronted the waitress who just shrugged and said, “Oh, sorry, I thought that was vegan.” I mean, how hard is it to understand that vegan means no animal products?

But it didn’t stop there. I visited a bakery that claimed to have vegan cupcakes, only to find out that they used eggs and butter in the frosting. Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

And don’t even get me started on the people who tried to convince me to “just have a little bit” of cheese or milk. I mean, do they not understand that veganism is a lifestyle choice and not just a fad diet?

But despite all the craziness, I did manage to find some amazing vegan spots that were worth the hunt. Shoutout to the tasty plant based joints I found Vegan AF, Salt & Seed & Plant Base you guys literally saved my sanity.

Being a vegan in New Jersey is definitely not for the faint of heart. But if you’re willing to brave the challenges and fight for your values, you just might survive. And who knows, maybe one day this state will catch up with the rest of the world and start offering more plant-based options. Until then, I’ll just have to bring my own tofu wherever I go lol.

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Sam

Karen reacted
Share:

Vegan Forum

The Caavakushi vegan forum is a place where the vegan community can come together to learn, collaborate, build, grow & so much more. The forum was the brain child of our team. We very much wanted to create a safe place for the vegan community on the internet. We’re still growing everyday. Come join us 100% FREE!

Vegan Submit

Submit your vegan-friendly guest posts to us for free. All content submitted must be original (no other copies of it on the internet, even on your website or blog), copyright-free, and AI-free. We do have software that checks if all requirements are met. To learn more about our requirements, visit Submit.

Vegan Search Engine

If you haven’t heard already, we’ve created our very own vegan search engine. It’s awesome and the best part is that we don’t have to tell it that we’re looking for vegan stuff, because it knows already!

Vegan Products And Services

The Caavakushi team has spent countless hours scouring the internet for the best vegan products and services. We’ve put it all in one place for you to browse through in your own time. We’re always discovering new hidden gems, so it’s best to visit the page often as we update it frequently. We wouldn’t want you to miss out!

Vegan Blog

The Caavakushi blog has a large selection of interesting vegan blog posts. You can find anything from vegan recipes to climate change, product reviews, restaurant reviews, sports, travel, and so much more.

Vegan Sites

Now you can easily keep up with all your favourite vegan news, blogs & other sites all in one place while you enjoy your morning plant-based coffee.

Scroll to top